Is a Samoyed right for you?
Well, that depends….
Are you looking for a dog that
- doesn’t shed?
- is ok left outside full-time?
- is low maintenance & who won’t require much exercise or grooming?
- is easy going & who will do only what you say, without testing limits?
- is not likely to bark, dig, or roam?
- will make a good watch dog/protection dog?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then a Samoyed is probably not a good choice for you.
If, however, you are looking for a gentle, intelligent companion who will be a faithful friend, alert but not threatening without appropriate reason, and you don’t mind the fact that that companion is going to shed, will want to be wherever you are 99% of the time, will require time & grooming, is likely to challenge your authority/push the limits to see what s/he can get away with, all the while keeping you laughing (& humble), then you might be a good candidate to be owned by a Samoyed.